Friday, January 27, 2006

Second Game

This past Monday my basketball team had its second game of the season. Only four people showed up (well, five did, but the fifth guy had just sprained his ankle that morning and couldn't play) - which is just enough to not forfeit the game.

The other team was better than the first guys we played, but they certainly didn't play very smartly. With an extra guy on the floor the entire time, they should have run circles (well, passed circles) around us. They finally started doing that at the end of the game, but didn't really pull away even then. We ended up losing by 10 or 12, which is pretty good considering they outmanned us.

The real stat that is sticking with me was my amazing performance. I went 2 for 14 from the field, and 0 for two from the line. I don't think I've shot that bad since I shot an air-ball in my first game in fifth grade. I've got to go to the gym to find out my other stats for the game (rebounds and assists), but I'm sure they're about as stellar. I guess that's to be expected after three years of not playing, but it's still a bit disheartening.

No comments: