Sunday, June 06, 2010

First Mountain Bike Ride With Hazel


I took Hazel on a ride today. We've been running together in the woods off and on for the past year and I decided it was time to try the bike. She's a little scared of bikes, which is convenient because it means she's unlikely to get in the way of my front tire, but I will work on getting her a little more comfortable with the bike.

We rode up the logging roads and came down Extendo. Hazel kept up real well and seemed to enjoy herself. Four and a half miles didn't wear her out - so next time we'll try two loops.

Tonight, however, it was a little late, and Simone and Mary had come out as well. They were just walking by the bottom of Extendo when Hazel and I finished - great timing.

Walking/riding back to the car was a great way to end the weekend.

No comments: