Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Post Election Thoughts

So, it was kind of depressing to wake up this morning and hear the news. I had figured Bush would win, but was rather hopeful Kerry could pull it out. It's still possible for Kerry to win, but nobody really believes he will. The vote throughout the country was pretty heavily Republican, so I guess we get what we deserve.

I voted for a couple people in Oregon that won, but basically everything else that I voted for lost (except for the anti-SAIF measure).

Very saddening.

What's seems odd is that Oregon voted primarily Democratic, yet the ballot measures that passed (in my opinion) are rather conservative.

It will be an interesting 4 years. Either the Democrats will be able to say, "told you so" when things go to hell in a handbasket, or the Republicans can say, "we were right all along." Unfortunately, the policies the President sets doesn't really have an effect today, it has an effect years down the line. It's kind of like global warming - which, hey, Bush doesn't think exists either.

Time to drown my woes in some chai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand how these events came to pass in this way.

It is a sad day, only history will tell how poor of decision American's made yesterday.