Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Keto, Day 1

So, I'm beginning an experiment - the "keto diet" and will be logging some of my thoughts/results as I go.  I can write them in my food tracker, but that's a bit awkward to recall information on, so I'm going to try blogger.  Plus, it's been a long time since I blogged.

The first day was bound to be easy.  I could do a 24 hour fast without too much of a problem, so going keto really doesn't seem like that big a deal (for one day).

Product review: Vermont Smoke & Cure, Ancho Pepper turkey stick.  meh.  Pretty dry consistency, not very spicy, not very flavorful.  Sure, it's gluten free, vegetarian fed (um... turkeys probably like eating bugs), no antibiotics/hormones, and nitrate free, but it's boring.  I've a hunch that the preservative-free (and low fat) meat sticks will all be boring because they're low fat, and thus have the consistency of ground jerky.  I like a good jerky, but not ground up.

No comments: