Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

We had the grandparents over for a Mother's Day brunch. Mary came up with the menu (I just nodded my head and drooled in anticipation). On Saturday, Simone and I did most of the shopping (while Mary had a chance to look at some fancy fibers spun by local women), and Mary did all the cooking. Well, almost all - I decided when to take the salmon off the grill - and I must say, it was perfect. I don't think I'd ever cooked a 3 pound fillet before.

Everyone enjoyed the food (salmon with yogurt dill sauce, eggs with cream cheese and basil, fresh (local) strawberries with a little Cointreau, applesauce spice muffins, and roasted asparagus). Afterwards we all took a walk around the duck pond.

Dad (grandpa) carried her a chunk of the way - she liked being up high.

"Who is this guy?"



I'm a ham for the camera.



And memere carried Simone nearly as high - on her shoulders (a first for Simone).



mmm... hair...

No comments: