Friday, March 25, 2005

Cactus Bloomage

I'm not much of a green thumb. I pretty much can only grow plants that can survive a month or two without water and perk up with the occasional over watering. So I have a few cacti.

Not only do cacti need very little water, they often are some of the coolest looking plants around.

Somehow I did something right and one of my cacti was actually happy enough to send out a bloom. I've never had that before, and considering the fact that I have no idea what I did differently, I doubt it'll ever happen again. But at least I got a couple pictures of it before the bloom died.

Though I have a feeling my cat ate the bloom. I caught him prying one of the cacti out of its pot earlier today...

My next foray into the cactus world is to try to start from some seed I purchased while in Arizona last February.

No comments: