Thursday, March 03, 2005

Starbucks Chantico

About a week before Puerto Rico I went to a lift class - we did so many lunges and squats that I had trouble walking for the next three days. But, that's not the point.

I was in a class full of women (therefore I had to do all the lunges, couldn't be shown up), and while working out they talked (who the hell has enough breath for that?). The subject of Starbuck's new chocolate drink, Chantico (trademarked no less), came up. For some reason, the gals thought it'd take 3 or 4 people to finish one off. My first thought was, "bring it on."

While waiting for the plane to Puerto Rico in Chicago, Mary brought me my very own cup of liquid chocolate. Turns out, the cup is only about 6 ounces. Six ounces of yumminess I must say. I have no idea how they make it, somehow they keep an entire chocolate bar melted and liquid while in the cup. When a little drip dried out on the lip of the cup, it turned into a piece of chocolate. The Chantico tastes of cinnamon - like Mexican hot chocolate. It's what I always try to make at home and fail.

I had no problem polishing it off, but it was very rich. In fact, it has nearly twice the calorie density as the icing-flavored shake. It's almost got the same number of calories as 2 Hershey's chocolate bars. So, it's not your average beverage.

No comments: