Saturday, October 08, 2005

'arry Potte

(That's supposed to be a Brittish accent)

I just finished book #6, the Half-Blood Prince.

I'm not a huge fan, but I've been entertained by the books so far (except for #2
being pretty much a copy of #1).

This book has to be the best of the series so far. It ends ... well, I won't spoil it because I hate that ... it ends with more stuff in the air than ever. The kids finally seem to be maturing somewhat, and the message finally changes from "adults don't listen to kids" to "adults sometimes listen to kids."

Anyway, decent book. Though you have to wonder, when the sh*t finally hit the fan in this book, the professors are pretty weak in magic, and the 6th year and yonger students seem to be able to hold their own with the Death Eaters (ok, slight spoiler). It all seems a little to rosy at that point (though Harry's interaction is appropriate).

No comments: