Friday, April 28, 2006

Still asking, "Please let us win"

This week was my third basketball game for the team with the bad guards. We're 2 and 3 now I think. This past game could have gone really wrong (the score was 22 to 6 at one point), but a new guy (who showed up for game #2) was there mid-way through the first half. It's amazing how much it helps to have a person who can actually pass and can see more than one person to pass to.

In the first 5 minutes, our two bad guards had 4 or 5 passes picked off and the guy from Russia had 3 shots blocked before they even left his hand. It was embarrassing.

I shot horribly (2 or 3 out of 8 from the field). But I did have a couple of great blocks. We snuck by with a loss of less than 15 points, which I felt good about.

With the new guard, the team is bearable. Though the guys still need to learn how to play a zone.

No comments: