Sunday, March 09, 2008

Grow Your Family Healthy

Yeah, odd name, eh?

It's the brand for a non-dairy, non-soy "ice cream" (they call it "Ice La Crème"). The co-op had a tasting on Friday and I did my duty to taste each of the 6 flavors (I care that much).

It's pretty darn tasty stuff, and I'd definitely eat it again. My favorite flavors were the Strawberry, Vanilla Espresso, Rich Chocolate, and Amaretto Chunk. The chocolate was surprisingly chocolaty. The texture is more of a sorbet than an ice cream, so go in with your expectations set for that.

So, if you know someone who can't eat dairy or soy or sugar (they use agave syrup), this is an awesome choice. Here is the ingredient list for the chocolate:
Ingredients: Purified-Filtered Water, Organic Agave, Almond Oil, Blend of Dutched & Natural Cocoa’s, Almonds, Organic Brown Rice, Tapioca Starch, Slippery Elm Bark Powder, Guar Gum, Xantham Gum & Celtic Sea Salt.
Of course, I prefer the coconut milk ice cream, mmmm... coconut.

Their web page is: Grow Your Family Healthy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "ice la creme" isn't bad - I tried it once out of curiosity. But I will never, never, never buy any "Grow Your Family Healthy" product again. I used to work for the woman who owns the company...and you can probably figure out the rest for yourself.