Friday, June 24, 2005

Electric Fly Swatter

So, I'm "working" from the Morning Star Cafe in Seaside right now. They've technically closed, but the music is jamming and they're in no rush to kick me out. Plus, I get to sit on a leopard print couch with monarch butterfly pillows, so they're going to have to drag me out of here.

Anyway, the reason I'm writing is that some of the owner's girls are trying to kill flies with a fly-swatter. Now, it's not your ordinary fly-swatter, it happens to look like a small, plastic tennis racquet. But wait, that's not all. It is electric!

Yes boys and girls, you no longer have to hit the flies against something, you can just sweep them out of the air with a tiny little zap. I've gotta find me one of these things.

2 comments:

Chris Evans said...

Hey Trey. I just came across your post whilst reading about peoples experiences with electric fly swatters! I know your post is years old now but I just wondered if you ever got one?

I bought one a few years back and have stuck to that particular brand since. Works really well. I became so interested in flies after, I set up a blog about them! A little strange I know. :-)

Anyway, I'm amazed people aren't using them more now. I find that they're far more hygienic than using fly spray which gets in the food etc.

As an aside, I notice you've been blogging for a long time... congratulations! Are you aiming mainly at family and friends? I'm interested to here how others got started. :)

a said...

Yup, just put this up here for family and friends, and, to be honest, for myself so that when my memory goes I'll have something to remind me what happened.