Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Battlefield 2

My friend, Tim, plays an on-line game called Battlefield 2. I watched him for a little bit the other night - seemed kind of fun. You run around and shoot things - as a part of an army.

The demo version is available for free use - which is pretty full-featured.

Tim organized some friends who were going to get on-line and play at the same time, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Long story short, 3 blue-screens, several un-install and re-installs of the software, a video driver update, and nearly 2 hours spent, I still can't play the game. It starts coming up - the little montage at the beginning works, but things freeze up right when it tries to log me into an account.

I'm gonna give it one more shot (download a patch for the demo version) and call it a night.

Good thing I don't have to support computers for a job.

No comments: