Thursday, July 07, 2005

F-in Hate Work

While I'm waiting for something to finish at work, I thought I'd rant.

Work has sucked for several weeks now. Nobody is happy. We've been trying to get a release out for a couple of weeks, and it just isn't happening - for a variety of reasons.

The long of the short of it is that people have been putting in long hours (even yours truly) and we're tired of this. One guy even worked over the 4 day weekend. And it looks as though I'm going to put in another late night tonight (last one, right?). But we've always had issues with this particular customer, and we've been in "crunch time" for over three months now.

I proposed that we make some changes, but those were shot down due to political reasons. So, we're still in a state of "just get it done." And as a result, we don't get it done cleanly.

Worst of all was that I was stoked to go on another group ride tonight, but there's just no way to make it with the current state of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, work sucks!