Saturday, April 09, 2005

Rally

Sam's 30th birthday is coming up real soon now. And we're going out on the town to celebrate. It's his 30th, so he gets to do what he wants (next year though, I'm choosing the activity, and it'll be knitting).

But, being the good brother I am, I'm always on the look out for new and exciting things to do. It turns out, that weekend is also the weekend that Oregon is hosting a rally car event, Oregon Trail Rally.

I don't know why rally hasn't picked up more in the U.S. It's got souped-up cars, racing around, often wrecking. Oh, right, they're not just going in an oval, and the cars don't look all exactly the same.

Anyhoo, we're going to check out the rally event before the party starts. Hopefully it'll be interesting. But then again, maybe all the rednecks will be right and NASCAR is where I should be spending my time.

(20 reasons why NASCAR sucks)

No comments: