Friday, April 29, 2005

Who would have thunk it?

Mango is in the same botanical family as Poison Ivy.

My eyes itched a little yesterday, my left cheek had an odd texture, and my lips were kind of chapped. I figured that I must have had some bad wine or something at dinner the night before.

Well, I woke up this morning to find the left side of my face all puffy and irritated.

Mary thought it was Poison Oak (something I've encountered before), but that just didn't make sense to me because I didn't have any on my legs and I never got off my bike (let alone stuck my face in any plants) on my last ride.

Upon seeing my disfigured face, Mary did the kind thing and Googled poison oak. She found that Mango sometimes had the same effect.

And we've been eating a lot of fresh mango.

Eureka!

So watch out for the mango (just the cut skin actually).

No comments: