Monday, January 03, 2005

College Girl Shoes

Mary and I took a walk downtown on this beautiful, sunny Monday. The excuse was to go to the library to drop off a couple of overdue books, and to pick up a book I had put on hold a while back, Confessions of a Master Jewel Thief. I just read the prologue and it was very exciting, I'm looking forward to finishing the book in a couple of days (it's only a 14-day loaner, guess it's popular).

Anyway, we walked through the OSU campus both ways and I couldn't help but notice what the girls were wearing. They were either wearing flip-flops or really pointy elf-shoes with stiletto heels. Neither really make sense to me. First of all, flip-flops are to be worn to and from the pool, not outside in 40 degree weather. And the pointy elf shoes:



are just painful looking. Sure, go ahead and wear whatever you want, I'm certainly not one who has ever followed fashion. But these shoes just look silly. Put a little bell on the end of the shoe and you look like an elf.

And yes, they're 'girls' when they wear flip-flops and elf shoes. Women have more sense than that.

No comments: