Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Why?

Everyone asks, "Why?"

I have half a mind to answer, "I've got cancer." But I know that someone that hears that will actually have cancer, or their mom will have cancer, and then I'll be an @ss, and I don't want to do that.

Here are the answers to my bald head FAQ.

I didn't lose a bet.

Mary does like it, in fact she was the one who jumped up and down and said, "Can I shave your head? Can I? Can I?"

I shaved my head because I got tired of my hair. I was too lazy to get out of the house and go to the barber shop. I didn't feel like sacrificing 2 hours on a Saturday to wait in the barber shop to get my hair cut. So I shaved it off.

I've no idea how long I'm going to keep it shaved. Probably until I get tired of it. Actually, I grew it out for 2 weeks because I was too lazy to shave it. But then it got too long and wasn't quite as cool to play with. So I shaved it again.

I shave with a razor, though after two weeks I used the clippers to get it short, and cleaned it up with the razor.

It takes about 15 minutes to shave the whole head, and I wear out a razor each time (kinda spendy) (offtopic - this review leads me to believe I should try a new razor.).

I get a small nick here and there when shaving, but only when I'm trying to get real close. It's a lot easier to get a close shave on my scalp then my face - probably because the skin on my jowls is loose, but my scalp is still still nice and tight.

It's still pretty new to me, I find myself rubbing my head a lot (kinda like my buddha belly). And I have a new found connection with other bald guys - it's kind of like being in a secret club.

You can join the club if you want. I've got the clippers.

No comments: