Sunday, December 16, 2007

David Lebovitz: The Easiest Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe...Ever

Using the excuse of having some friends over for dinner, I made this for dessert. I must say, I need to find another excuse for making this, and soon! It really is this easy, and it tastes divine. I might cut out the rum next time (or a little of the Bailey's) because it didn't set up quite as hard as I wanted (though I may not have given it quite enough time).

So smooth, so creamy, so delicious...

David Lebovitz: The Easiest Chocolate Ice Cream Recipe...Ever

Chocolate and Banana Ice Cream

Four to six scoops

2 ounces (55 g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped

6 tablespoons (80 ml) milk, whole or low-fat

6 tablespoons (80 ml) Baileys liquor

1 medium-sized ripe banana, peeled*, and cut into chunks

1 tablespoon (15 ml) dark rum


1. In a small bowl set over a pan of simmering water (or in the microwave), melt the chocolate with the milk.

2. Blend the melted chocolate the Baileys, the banana, and rum until smooth.

3. Pour into a plastic or metal container, cover, and freeze for at least 4 hours.

No comments: