Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Obesity Is Still Not About Exercise

This guy writes about weight loss and the media. His latest post is one of many where he's noted (over and over and over again) that energy-in matters far more to obesity rates than energy-out.

Interesting reads, and it seems to make sense. In my efforts for weight loss I controlled both my eating and exercise, and while the exercise certainly helped me feel comfortable eating what I wanted, it was super easy to eat more than what I was expending. Think about it, is it easier to eat a grab bag of chips or run for an hour? The bag takes maybe 5 minutes to eat and nearly no effort. With a "normal" life where you work 8+ hours a day, it's nearly impossible to exercise enough to keep up with what you'd eat.

So... eat less folks.

No comments: