Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Toe Job

So I had the toe done today. It feels fine now, but looks horrible. I'll spare the gory details, but just have to say that the surgery itself was rather barbaric. It looked like some sort of cruel torture video, only it was on my foot, and I couldn't feel anything.

The doctor said he'd only do one toe at a time, and that's all he really had time for anyway. At the least, I can still hobble around on one foot fairly well, it's tough enough walking around using only one big toe.

Things should be completely healed in 2 weeks, and bunches better in just a few days.

Unfortunately, Mary said she wasn't going to help me with the bandages - as she stopped work altogether. I imagine if she were still working she'd have used the excuse that it was a nurse's job, not a doctor's. Either way, I get to dress my own wounds.

No comments: