Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Horror

Hazel is generally a pretty low maintenance dog, which is nice.

However, today, on a pretty warm day, I take he run in the woods. I'm jogging along, trying to figure out if I'm going to walk or plodrun up the next rise and I smell something. Something awful. I pick up the pace and the smell goes away, for a minute.

The smell comes back again and again, like a bad burrito dinner. Finally, Hazel runs past me - she'd been hanging out behind me for half a mile. As she runs by I notice that she's got several dark, greasy streaks along her neck and shoulders.

I think she found a dead skunk with bowel control problems that had sat in the sun for a few days. I had trouble jogging near her and wasn't looking forward to driving back home with her in the car.

Now it's time for a doggie bath.

1 comment:

Rick said...

That didn't even "smell" good to read. I hope that bath helped.