Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Clarification

A faithful reader of my blog pointed out that my recent posts about the whole job situation make it sound like I'm (we're) only staying because Mary wants to stay.

Let me clarify that. We both love living in Corvallis and would prefer continue living here and want to raise Simone here. Mary does have a good circle of friends and community here, and mine is less developed - but that's mostly because I work from home, and it's only been in the last year that I didn't spend half of the week up in Portland every week.

I love the co-op, the biking, the size (yeah, I didn't think I'd like that), our house, our friends, the local events, the Saturday market, etc. etc. etc.

I don't even know where I'd want to live if we were to move back to Portland. Corvallis is HOME and that's where we want to stay.

We may end up deciding to move (perhaps I get an exciting job at Google, perhaps I decide Intel is the place for me, perhaps something else), but staying is our priority.

No comments: