Friday, June 02, 2006

Things I Learned Today

Well, I probably learned them over the last week, but at the 1 week anniversary of my daughter's birth I realized:
  • I've got a kid. I knew that before, but I ran an errand today and saw some little kids hanging outside of the post office (presumably waiting for their parents to finish up inside) and I realized, "I've got one of those." And just this evening I realized, she's gonna be a teenager soon.
  • Simone knows Tai Chi. You should see it. She's got all the hand and foot movements mastered - she just needs to stand up and do the same thing. One thing that's gonna put her at the top of her class is her facial expressions - way beyond what I've seen people do in the park.
  • Infant clothes are horribly sized. She's small (6 pounds 10 ounces now), and the 0-3 month outfits just hang on her like the Talking Heads big suit, and the premie clothes are just too short. Luckily Grandma (nanna?) embroidered some little body suits that fit just right, so she's wearing those and some socks.
  • Change diapers often. This is just a good investment, because when I'm old and in diapers, I want her to make sure my diapers are changed often.

No comments: