Saturday, May 29, 2010

4, It's Been 4 Years.

4 Years ago today, Simone Rose Jackson came into the world. Crazy.

Simone is sleeping on her futon next to our bed, exactly where she was born.

Crazy, it's crazy having a kid. But a ton of fun.


A special breakfast - apple puff pancake.


Her birthday was a preschool day too, and they have a special ceremony with a crown, cape (robe?), and wings. Miss Christine told a little story, and then we lit a candle for each year. For each year, May and I shared a memory from that year.


The memory of the first year was of Simone and Mary sitting out on the back patio, basking in the sun. Simone was but a couple days old and slightly jaundiced. You can see those pictures here.
The memory from the second year was Simone taking some of her first steps at Nana and Grandpa's house around Christmas. She was a bit wobbly, but pretty excited to be walking the 4-5 feet between us.

The third year memory was camping at Paradise Campground on the McKenzie River. Simone sat in her camp chair so proudly, and played in the bucket of water for hours. We all took a walk to Belknap Hot Springs, and Simone fell asleep in my arms. I laid down with her on a picnic table we came across to nap with her, but she woke.

I had many memories in the fourth year, but the one that stuck out the most was one time last summer when she and I were downtown, probably at the farmer's market. Simone wanted to run a little bit, so we both ran. She stopped and told me that I wasn't using my arms enough, I had to swing my elbows back and forth (you've got to see her determined run, with her right elbow pumping).

Now on to the fifth year.

A close up of her and the crown.

No comments: