Monday, May 10, 2010

Pecan Mudslide Cookies

For mother's day, Mary hinted she wanted some chocolate for dessert, and who am I to get in between a loving mother and her ... chocolate.

I went through my bookmarks tagged chocolate and found several that sounded good. Mary was leaning toward chocolate chewies (for which we already have a recipe), and I pointed out the Pecan Mudslide Cookies from Chocolate and Zucchini (a blog I read occasionally).

The recipe is simple, requires few ingredients, and pretty quick to whip together. You do have to chill the dough for about 20 minutes before baking - mostly because the dough is like thick, melted chocolate... mmm... Then you bake them up for 15 minutes (don't over do it).

The cookies are rich, chocolaty, super tender (but they don't fall apart!) and one or two is plenty for dessert. Oh, and they're a nice big size.

I took the rest of them to work and gave most of them away - winning big raves.

No comments: