Monday, August 27, 2018

One month in Keto

Four weeks in, what's new?

Well, my blood sugar was high (105-106) a couple of times in the past week, and I didn't cheat!  That's been a bit frustrating.  I've only eaten meat, cheese, nuts, greens, and a few vegetables (cauliflower, tomatoes, and green beans).  Oh, and the occasional blackberry (c'mon, they're practically hitting me in the head when I walk by) and square of dark (80+%) chocolate.  But, seriously, it's been a square or two of chocolate, and 4-5 berries (granted, they're HUUUUGE), and then back to meat and nuts and cheese.

And, to top it off, I gained 3 pounds in the past week.  Bummer.

So, back to being more critical of my food - actually counting the carbs and not just hoping that the tomatoes I added to my salad didn't bump me over the limit.

Other things that were different this week - I didn't drink nearly the same amount of water, and I think I mistook thirst for hunger.  Plus, I made some fat bombs that were a bit too tempting - they were like candy.  And Mary was out of town, combined with a deadline at work, I did not make time to get my regular workouts in.

So, new day, new week, back on the saddle.

I must admit, I'm not yet tired of salad and meat.

No comments: