Friday, December 28, 2012

Cycling 2012

It's been a good year for biking. I raced in 5 cross country races, 2 short track, and one cyclocross. I logged over 165 rides, covering over 2800 miles and climbing over 325000 feet of elevation (nearly 1/3 a million feet, over 61 vertical miles).

Sadly, I'm down to one bike. The road bike was sold for scrap, and the full suspension ran into a parking garage. I have enjoyed riding my single speed, but it'll be nice to have some gears again.

Next year... What will it bring?

My goals are to place in the top 3 of the Clydesdale category in cross country races, and to do that I'll be racing in 6 races in April through July. And then, I've signed up for the High Cascades 100 mile race at the end of July. I've heard only good things about the race and look forward to riding nearly 80 miles of singletrack.

Other goals are to finish the TOE in 6 hours (finishing first in Clydesdales), and to get on the podium at least one other XC race. I think that in training g for all this racing I'll log 400000' elevation gain for the year.

And, of course, my ultimate goal is to remain healthy, strong, and in one piece for the whole year.

No comments: