Saturday, December 22, 2012

Let It Snow

It snowed!

I woke up Tuesday morning and over an inch of snow was on the ground around the house. I knew this meant some deeper snow up high. So I threw on some layers and hopped on the bike.

You can see the little tree we lit up, actual snow at the house. Nobody in Portland had any - I felt lucky. Simone had a great day at school playing in the snow with friends.


On the way to the forest I passed bald hill. Snowy and foggy.


By the time I'd gotten up to the junction just below dimple hill, the snow had gotten up to 3 or 4 inches. It was still pretty light under the trees, but anywhere open was deep.



The top of dimple actually poked through the clouds into sunny sky, so the view up was gorgeous. If the peak had been but another 100' higher and I would have been standing in sunshine.

I headed down Dan's trail because the snow was light, and then down horse. At one point on lower horse you enter a thick grove of tiny trees. The snow and light made interesting patterns.


I certainly regretted not spending the time to put on my shoe covers because my toes were frozen by the time I'd reached the bottom of the trail. May e Santa will bring some that actually fit my shoes.

No comments: